Thursday, December 29, 2011

straight from the cow's mouth

Today Allie and I went to Chick-fil-A  to meet with one of my long time friends Elizabeth and her three sweet kids for lunch. Elizabeth and I have been friends since we were 3. I am so thankful for our friendship and that we have remained friends all this time. She lives in Kentucky, so I look forward to her coming home and being able to get together, even if only over lunch. We both LOVE Chick-filA, so it's a great place to meet. Elizabeth has three of the sweetest and funniest kids.  Poor Gavin was completely outnumbered, being the only boy at lunch, although he didn't seem to mind! When we got there Elliegh-Kate was eager to show me her Christmas present. It is a diary, that is in a hard case that only unlocks when she says her password (although Gavin cracked it while they were getting ice cream and somehow made himself sound like her to open it!). She was so cute, so excited to tell me all about it. The things she said while we were at lunch today were just hilarious. At one point Gavin wanted her to go play on the playground and she said, "you can't tell me what to do!". She told Elizabeth after she said something, "it's straight from the horses mouth". I couldn't help but laugh! Allie was so tired, but did so well. She sat in her high chair, ate squash and pears and even let me eat most of my lunch. She loved Elleigh-Kate and the feeling was mutual. Elleigh-Kate was kissing her on the cheek, holding her hand, squishing her cheeks, telling me she was a chubby baby, cracking me up!




After the kids were done eating Elizabeth went and got them ice cream. Elleigh-Kate was eating hers and dropped it on the floor... right on my foot! Bless her heart, I know she was so sad her ice cream was gone. Once they were done eating their desserts we got a picture of all four of them. We took one earlier this summer when Elizabeth came to visit and I cannot believe how much they've all grown!

                                July                                                                                                            December

Allie and I left and came home to get Nick. I called him to let him know we were on our way and he told me he had a surprise for me when we got home. I was so excited to walk in the door and see this:

I love, love, love cotton candy! and late Christmas presents!
 
We had some returns to make so we left to go to the mall. If we go to the mall, we drive to North Point, but since we just needed to go to Macy's we went to Southlake. We found Allie a really cute outfit that she will wear New Year's Eve... only to find the security tag STILL on it when we got home, so we'll be going back sometime this week. But it is so cute and was on clearance! 
We also attempted to clear Babies R Us shelves of Earth's Best baby food! Ha! I can't wait for Allie to try all the new foods we bought. I am not a fan of BRU, but they have a HUGE selection of baby food. 
We went to Carter's and got her some really cute things including 3 pairs of pajamas for $6 each! 
When we got home we fed Allie, bathed her and got her all snuggled in. I love her so much! Then we tried out my cotton candy machine. You can put hard candy or flavored sugar in. We tried a pixi stick first: fail! They do not work. We then tried a lifesavers.. it worked, but was not good. Nick then tried just plain sugar. It worked perfectly and tasted pretty good too. We ordered some flavored sugar online. I am eager for it to get here so we can try it out!
This is completely random, but I must share. If you have not smelled Mistletoe Kiss from bath and body works you need to! It smells DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment