Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Allie's first New Year

This year on New Year's Eve we ran a few errands, making some returns and exchanges. We had to go to the mall to have them remove the security tag that was on Allie's outfit, so she was not able to wear it on New Years Eve. :(

I love this outfit my parents gave her!
 
After running our errands we went and picked up my dad and went to visit my mom at Chick-fil-A. She had to work until 9. I got a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake, my favorite and Nick got a brownie a la mode. Allie was good, but was so tired. We went by La Parilla to pick up some cheese dip and salsa. We then went back to the house and watched some basketball & football.



My sweet girl had so much fun shaking her noise maker. We then tucked her in for the night and prayed the fireworks didn't wake her up. Luckily none did. :) Nick and I watched the peach & apple drop in bed and toasted with cheerwine in the cute toasting flutes my mom bought us. Shortly after midnight we went to sleep. 
Allie slept really well so I felt very rested on New Years Day! Nick took Allie to the store with him to get some cinnamon apple oatmeal while I took a shower and got ready. I was so excited to take Allie to her first Falcons game with her G-Da. This little girl I have is so very lucky. In her sweet 8 month life time (not counting the playoff game she was "officially" at in my belly) she has been to 4 Falcons games! She always does so well and seems to enjoy entertaining people around us and every now and then watching the game. Every game up until this one, which was flexed to 4:15, have been 1:00 games. I was a little nervous about the time and it cutting into her usual night time routine, but I was prepared... or so I thought. She did very well and even napped through the end of the second quarter and throughout half time. When she woke up I knew she'd be ready for supper. I brought cereal, a bowl, bib, spoon, milk, everything I needed. Well she wasn't having anything of it! This is a child that NEVER refuses cereal. Other than nursing, it's her favorite thing to eat! I knew she was tired, but I thought she would want to eat. So after that I took her to the top of our section and just stood and bounced with her. The Falcons had a good lead and I could see from the top of the section. All of a sudden I see my dad walking up with all of our things and told me we could leave. Leave? I NEVER leave a game early. I like to stay and watch them all walk into the locker room and attempt to catch a glove or wrist band. We ended us staying until the end of the game and then left. My sweet girl did so well. She was so tired and didn't fall asleep on the way home, until we were literally five minutes away from our house! I just love her for being such a good sport. She really is the best! Somehow I managed to only take one picture of my dad and Allie. It was after the game so she was a little distracted, but I was so glad I got to spend the day with two of my most favorite people! Happy New Year! Enjoy some pics from the game. 

 using my new lens my hubby gave me: Brent Grimes

 I HATE big fred! creeps me out!


 my parents have the BEST seats






 a great win!

No comments:

Post a Comment