Saturday, January 7, 2012

play time

We converted our dining room into a play room for Allie. I suggested it after Allie received so many toys for Christmas. I have to admit I was a little sad to move everything out, but mostly excited. The dining room was the first room we painted in our house. It was the room I had envisioned since we registered. But I am so excited to have a room just for Allie!


I have already told Nick I want to repaint it! Not to mention the green will completely clash with her birthday decor of pink and brown! 


We have spent every day since we converted it, playing. Allie loves her room and we love that she has so much space. We have a few things we want to add to it such as a book shelf and a shelf with cubbies, but I love that she has a space that is just her own. 


And, for a girl that loves tv so much, I love that it is away from it! She hasn't watched tv, nor has it been on more than an hour a day since we moved her in there. 


We contemplated putting some toys away and rotating them in and out when she got bored, but there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't play with literally every toy in her room! 


I love that there is so much natural light and she has room to crawl, learn and play. I find us playing without the tv on or even music playing. Her voice is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I pray she will always talk to me.






 She loves when Taylor comes and joins us. Taylor is the most patient dog with Allie. They are all good with her, but Taylor is by far the best. She will lay there as Allie crawls on her, plays with her paws, uses her to pull up and grabs her fur as she learns to pet. She is so very patient with Allie. 






She has so many wonderful toys that encourage her to learn and interact. Many teach cause and effect, some teach and help aid with fine motor skills and gross motor skills. And of all the toys one of her most favorite toys is her jumparoo. She doesn't want you to put her in it, she just wants to pull up on it! She has a standing table, walking toy, chair, riding toy and her little maestro toy, but she would much rather pull up on the most unstable toy in her playroom. She also loves to crawl under it. I just love watching her play!
 




 I look forward to getting up with her every day knowing I get to play with her all day. Sometimes I miss the kids I taught, having my own classroom and teaching in general. But I love that they only stress I have is wondering if Allie will nap today. There is no paper work, SST's, report cards, or benchmarks. Just reading for fun, watching my sweet girl turn the pages and get excited when we read her favorites. I am the luckiest girl in the whole world to have the opportunity to stay at home with my baby girl.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting Andy letting us share in your day and thoughts as well. It allows me to experience special times when I cannot be there.

    ReplyDelete