Friday, January 13, 2012

9 months

Allie you are 9 months old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I love you more and more every day. We went yesterday to have your nine month pictures taken. Mrs. Anna posted some last night and they are SO good! Here is what you are up to:

You wear a size 3 diaper.
You can still fit into some 9 month clothes, but are mostly wearing 12 months. Your sweet little chunky thighs won't fit into 9 month jeans!


You are eating and loving baby food. Your current favorites are Gerber organic brown rice cereal, Gerber organic apple cinnamon oatmeal, Earth's Best: pumpkin apple, sweet potato cinnamon, pears, squash, apple butternut squash and apple turkey cranberry. You also love puffs and Daddy found some organic ones that are apple flavored and you love them!
If we try to feed you anything except cereal and oatmeal for breakfast or supper you freak out! You like your breakfast foods and only eat other things for lunch.
You are still nursing a few times during the day and in the middle of the night. I hope to continue at least until you are a year old. But I have decided I will let you wean yourself.


You are taking, on average, three naps a day. You sleep anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour at a time. You take your best naps in the car when we are out. You are a good little shopper and love to ride in your stroller.
You are crawling all over the place! If you see something that you want you turn on, as Daddy calls it, your "turbo mode" and you crawl super fast! You know what toys are yours and which ones are not. And you love to play with the ones that are not yours. You definitely are your Momma and Daddy's child. You love technology. If there is a laptop on the floor you are on it banging the keys and grabbing the screen. You love to talk to Daddy on my iPhone. You get so excited when I ask if you want to call Daddy. Then you stare at the screen and wait for him to answer. It is the cutest thing! You do not like to be sent to voice mail.


You love bath time. Daddy puts on his bathing suit and gets in with you while Mommy bathes you. You love it!
You love bath time, but HATE to get out. You scream when we get you out. You don't like when I put lotion on you. I think you just want to go and anything that keeps you from doing so frustrates you.
You are a bit of a challenge now to change. You do not want to lay on your back to have your diaper changed. You also do not like to change clothes. Most of the time you get dressed sitting up or standing. It isn't the quickest way, but it keeps you happy!


Bless your heart you are cutting three top teeth, maybe four, all at one time. Your poor gums are hurting so bad. We ordered you an amber teething necklace. It came the other day and I am hoping that if you wear it every day it will help. We try not to use Tylenol if we can help it.
You are really enjoying your playroom, although right now your favorite thing is to try and escape! You crawl as fast as you can to the foyer. Daddy even said yesterday morning you crawled to the bedroom and pulled up on the door looking for me!
You love all of your toys and seem to play with all of them at least once a day. You are most attracted to one if I am cleaning it up. If I put your books back in your book basket you come crawling really fast and pull them all back out. It is the cutest thing! You do have a few favorites though. You love your little maestro table from your Grandma & Grandpa, your kitchen from Uncle Tony & Aunt Cathy and your dinosaur toy we bought you. You love your room that is all yours. 
You fight sleep so much right now. When you are really sleepy you will cry or even scream until you give it up. But sometimes you just keep your eyes wide awake. You will let me stand and bounce you, but will do whatever you can to stay awake.


You are pulling up on everything, even the wall! You will pull up on anything and anyone. You have always loved to stand, but you love it even more now that you can do it all on your own.  
You sleep for about 3-4 hours at a time at night and then wake up to eat. I am hoping that after these three or four teeth come in you will be able to sleep for longer periods of time. I know you need it.
You have a little diva personality at times. If you want something or don't like something you will scream at the top of your lungs to show your anger. If you are crying, which you can make yourself do, and then I come to get you, the minute you see me you stop and smile.
You love to play "my baby". It's a game we made up. Daddy and I were standing in the living room and I handed you to him and you turned back and reached for me. I grabbed you and said, "my baby". You grinned and reached for Daddy and he said it. We went back and forth a few times and then we squished you between us and you looked back and forth from me to Daddy. You love it and play it any chance you get!
You fake cough really well and love when someone says, "oh my goodness!" and pats you on the back. You are babbling like crazy. I love it when you talk to me. You say "momma" and "da-da". I swear last night when you sneezed and Daddy said, "bless you" that you said, "thank you". It sounded just like it!


Yesterday Daddy got you after you woke up from your nap. He knew you were awake not because you were talking or crying, but because he heard a loud banging. You were reaching through your crib to your night stand and grabbing your piggy bank and banging it on your night stand! We moved it last night.
You love to watch Special Agent Oso and Choo Choo Soul. You love the intro songs to them both.
You absolutely love music, but Casting Crowns are still your favorite. You have to have them playing when you fall asleep.
You have the best fake smile. I don't know where you learned it, but it is so cute. It's like you think you should be smiling, but you aren't really that happy or something isn't really that funny to you.
You have the best, most infectious laugh. You are very ticklish on your neck, chest and sides. You will wiggle and squirm and give the best laugh! The palms of your hands are ticklish too and you love it when I tickle them.
Ever since you were little I would always sniff your feet and say, "shoowee stinky feet!" You LOVE it now and think it is hilarious. I do this especially when I am changing your diaper. It is a really good distraction and keeps you from rolling over. 
You love the dogs and think everything they do is so funny. If the run by, you laugh. If they scratch, you laugh. 


When I am bouncing you to sleep you will snuggle your face as close to my neck as you can and you hold my arm with your sweet chubby hand. I love that time so much.
You love it when Daddy flies his little helicopter in the house. You will sit in his lap and watch as it flies around. You will also look down at the controller and then reach for it trying to help Daddy fly. He has made a lot of really good "emergency landings"! You want to fly it yourself so Daddy will play his simulator on his laptop and let you use his controller.
You are at such a fun age and I can't wait to see what the next month holds. I love you Allie!

No comments:

Post a Comment