Wednesday, January 4, 2012

happy 52nd birthday daddy!

On Monday we went to Carrabbas, my dad's favorite restaurant to celebrate his birthday a few days early. I have the best Daddy in the whole world. He is the most kind, loving and caring man I know. (Other than my husband of course, who I think is a lot like my dad.) 


He has taught me so much about life. He has always taught me that you can be nice and stand up for what you believe in. You can express your opinion and still be respectful of others. I get a lot of my personality traits from him. He is a little stubborn, competitive and when he is right he will do whatever it takes to show you that he is. I am a lot like him in those aspects. 


When I was in high school my parents would come to football games with me. I knew my dad loved football and knew a lot about it, so instead of hanging out with my friends I would sit with him and ask questions. It was there that I learned what 3rd down was. He was always so very patient with me and never got irritated with any of my silly questions I would ask. He just explained everything in easy to understand ways and still continues to do so. I remember growing up, my dad's dream was to one day have Falcons season tickets. That time came in 1998, the year that the Falcons went to the Super Bowl. I remember wearing my Jamal Anderson jersey to school and being made fun of, but I also remember leaving the Dome with my Daddy and a woman came up to me, shook my hand and thanked me for wearing her son's jersey. My dad looked at me and asked me if I knew who that was. "That was Jamal Anderson's mom!" he said. I was so excited! I love going to games with my Daddy. Last season when I was at a game with him he pointed to each coach on the field, named them and told me their job. I am always amazed at his knowledge of not only football, but of the Falcons.


I know how much he loves my sweet baby girl and I cannot wait for him to teach her all that he has taught me about football. I hope she loves it just as much as I do. If she is anything like her Mommy, Daddy, Grammie and G-Da I know she will! 
Here are a few more pics from his birthday dinner. 

 Amanda & Tyler

 my Daddy's birthday dessert

Aunt Amanda & Allie

G-Da, Grammie & Allie

Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment