Saturday, January 21, 2012

lazy Saturday

Today was a nice, relaxing day. We stayed in since it was rainy and dreary outside. We stayed in our pajamas all day and just played in Allie's playroom! I love days like these. We had no where to go, no place to be. It was so nice! Allie has done so many new things this week. On Wednesday Nick was with her in her playroom and he said, "she's walking all by herself with her walking toy." She crawled over to it all by herself, pulled up and pushed it without any help! 


I told Nick after that she would be running at her birthday party! She is so independent and I love that. She loves to go and can't wait to walk around. That same night she crawled up into her chair and stood up, all by herself. She is such a mess! I love watching her learn and explore. I say it all the time, but it is so true, she learns something new every day. 




Today I was in the kitchen and Nick was playing with her and said she was reading all by herself. 


She loves to read. She loves for you to read to her and then she turns the pages. She's so cute. 


I look over and she is sitting in the floor with a book turning the pages and looking at each one. It was so adorable. Of course I took way too many pictures of her reading, but it was just so sweet! 




She also found one of the teddy bears Nick had given me for Valentine's a few years back and she was holding him and reading. It was just precious!



I am reminded every day of just how lucky and blessed I am that my husband trusted God when he was led to quit his job and start his own business. Also that he allows me to stay at home with Allie. I love it that he works from home and is here for everything. My parents came over on Thursday for supper. Nick ran to the store to grab some white chocolate chips that I had forgotten at the store and Allie was walking behind her walking toy. My mom reached out her hand and Allie grabbed it. She let go of her toy and then my mom started to let go of her. I told her she wasn't going to walk and if she did I'd knock her down (the look on my mom's face was priceless, until I finished my sentence. Then her and my dad laughed!) because Nick was NOT going to miss her first steps. Please know I would never knock down my daughter if she did take her first steps without her Daddy being there. I'd grab the video camera, get her walking then grab her and cover her sweet cheeks with kisses. But I would hate it if he were to miss something like that! 
I love that I am here with her every day and that I get to see and experience every time she learns or does something new. I love being a stay at home Mommy! Thank you sweetheart for giving me the best job in the whole world!

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed your story telling the last 2 days. Allie has two of the best parents ever.

    ReplyDelete