Monday, January 23, 2012

independent reading

I can honestly say I have loved every stage and age that I have experienced with Allie since she was, well before, she was born. Every one has it's own special qualities and things that I just treasure and adore. I cannot believe how much she has changed and grown in the nine short months she has been in my life. I love watching her experience new things!
I have been reading to her since before she was born. I love kids books and thoroughly enjoy sharing them with her. She has loved reading since she was old enough to sit in my lap and look at the pages. I remember the first time she ever reached out to touch the pages, then the day she learned to turn them. That is still one of her most favorite things to do. Although up until recently you had to read very fast because the most exciting part of reading to her, was turning the pages. 


Now she looks and studies each one before deciding when to turn the page. It is the cutest thing! I read with her every day and look forward to this time. Whenever she crawls over to her book baskets and starts pulling books out we read. 


On Saturday she started getting books out all by herself, sat in the floor and "read" them! She will hold the book, stare at the page (whether it be upside down or not!) turn the page or flip the book over. It is the most adorable thing! She will do it for long lengths of time now and I just love to watch her. She even reads while Mommy changes her diaper!


She also watches my mouth when I read the books to her. I know she is studying trying to figure out how to talk. I love to hear her babble and say mama and dada. Melts my heart!


We have all of our Valentine's Day decorations out now. I figured since we were waaaaaaay late at taking down our Christmas decorations I'd be early for Valentine's! (That reminds me... Nick needs to take the Christmas lights off the house!!) Allie has enjoyed playing with all of my stuffed animals from past Valentine's gifts Nick has given me. Also today she starting smiling at the camera when you take her picture. You can't fake her out though, Nick tried! You have to actually take the picture, where the flash goes off. But I got some of the cutest little smiles today!





I love this little girl more than words can describe. I just hope she knows how very much her Mommy loves her. I can't wait to get up tomorrow and play and love on my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment