Sunday, February 12, 2012

Panera and Coldstone

We took Allie to a new pediatrician on Friday. We haven't been impressed with her current one. He never talked to us about anything (when she could drink milk, drink juice, eat yogurt, start table food, etc.) so we were filled with all kinds of information at her 9 month well exam! He told us we could start table food, anything she could easily eat, now. We were kind of overwhelmed. We chose not to start baby food until 6 months, because we saw it best to solely nurse her until then. So she hasn't been eating baby food very long. I worry about her choking, as well as not knowing how to chew. Well today she showed me! We got up on time, got ready, missed the first service so we ran to Target... big mistake, we then were way too late to make it to the second so we decided to go shopping. We drove up to North Point, which is my favorite place to shop. We went and ate at Panera. One thing the pediatrician told us was that eating was a social thing and so she should eat when we do. So while Nick was eating I fed her some apple turkey cranberry, which she loves. She finished and so did Nick. He held her while I ate. She was watching me eat, so I pulled open my baguette and pulled off a tiny bit and gave it to her. She chewed! It was the cutest thing as she opened her mouth really wide and chomped down. She was so precious and ate a good bit of bread. She even got a little upset when I didn't immediately give her another bite.






We went into Marshalls and got Allie and book and some really cute Valentine's jammies and a few other things. We then went over to the mall and walked around. We went into the new department store Von Maur. Might be my new favorite place to shop! They have some of the cutest kids things! I found Allie's Easter dress there. I can't wait to go back and get it! The sales associates were a little overbearing, but I really liked the store a lot.
I have had a Coldstone gift card for over two years now that a student gave me. We don't have one around here so I haven't used it. I saw one when we were on our way to the mall and told Nick we had to stop there on the way back. Ooh it was SO good! I got Berry Berry Berry good. It was delicious! It was sweet cream ice cream with blueberries, strawberries & raspberries. Nick got cotton candy ice cream with sprinkles... I am married to a five year old! Ha! I love him and I tasted it and it was delicious as well. Before I took a bite of mine there was some ice cream that didn't have any berries in it, so I gave Allie a bite. Her first bite she didn't know what to think. She made a funny face and looked like, "Momma! That's cold!" But opened her mouth for another. I gave her a few more bites while Nick was paying. I grabbed the cup and started walking out. Allie got very upset thinking she wasn't getting anymore. We got in the car and Nick took these pics. She was loving it!




No comments:

Post a Comment