Tuesday, December 20, 2011

a weekend of family Christmases

This has been a busy, fun weekend spent with family. On Saturday we drove down to LaGrange to my Nanny and Paw Paw's house. Allie slept the whole way there. She had a very good 2 hour nap. When we got there it was a little overwhelming for her. I have a very big family and all of my cousins are starting to have babies too, so there are even more people there now. It is a lot of fun, very loud, but fun. The food is delicious and there is always plenty of dessert, especially the ambrosia. My Nanny makes the best! This year we did a baby gift exchange between all of our little ones. It was fun and neat to watch them all open their presents. Next year is going to be even more fun! I love seeing all my cousins, since we don't get to see each other throughout the year as much as we would like. Allie got some toys and a really cute dress I can't wait for her to wear from Nanny. :) She slept the whole way home and was so exhausted she also went to bed early.
Sunday we got up and didn't get ready in enough time to make it to church, so we headed to my Granny D and Papa's house early. Allie was so sleepy and had not taken a nap since she woke up, so she was a little fussy when we got there. Again the food was delicious. My Papa makes oyster stew and it is delicious!! I look forward to it all year. I was able to get Allie to sleep, so once she woke up I ate me a big bowl. Allie got some great gifts today. She got a walking toy, The Elf on The Shelf, stacking rings, a baby doll and her very first ornament from Granny D and Papa. She loves the stacking rings and baby doll.
This past weekend completely wore her out. And bless her heart, she is cutting teeth and has been in pain. It breaks my heart for my baby to hurt. So we ate supper, took a bath and went to bed a little bit earlier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment