Thursday, December 8, 2011

santa and a pink pig

Today was sooo much fun! We started off the day with a lunch date with Aunt Janna. Allie loves her Aunt Janna to pieces! She was sitting in her car seat next to Nick and would lean forward to look at her, then smile real big. We ate at Olive Garden and had some not so great service with some luke warm panini's... not our best trip. But any time with Aunt Janna is the best. Just wish Uncle Bryan could have joined us!

 loves her Aunt Janna

We left Olive Garden and headed to Lenox Mall to see Santa and ride The Pink Pig. We got out and I couldn't believe how cold it was! We bundled our angel up and went inside. She is the BEST shopper. She just sits in her stroller and takes in the scenery. Our first stop was to see Santa. I was so glad when we got there because there were only two other groups of people in line. One woman was with her two small children and the other were two middle aged women who took a picture with Santa. I found it odd.. but seemed like they enjoyed it! My prediction of Allie with Santa was correct! She sat in his lap and just stared at him, then when the lady said her name to take her picture she turned and smiled. She is the best!


After seeing Santa we took a quick lunch break and fed Allie. We sat on a bench next to the fountain. She loved it! She just stood and stared at the water coming down.

 my little family
 she is getting so big!

We then made our way upstairs to The Pink Pig. It is very different than I remembered. It has changed so much since I was little. I did however appreciate that it was inside since it was so cold. Allie rode for free! I sat her in the seat next to me and she was a little antsy until it started moving. Then she just leaned back against my arm and watched. She loved it! Grammie bought her an ornament that says "I rode The Pink Pig 2011". It will hang on her pink tree in her room. :)


We then went and got Starbucks and Panera to go. Allie was getting sleepy so we walked into Crate and Barrel while Nick got our food. I found some Christmas china that I love and I must have!! 
Then we went and got our Christmas tree. I love Douglas Firs. We have always had one growing up. A couple times we had a grand fir, but I just love them. I am not a fan of what I call "pokey trees". ha! In other words: Frasier Firs. I just am not a fan. Well, we went to Home Depot, like we have done for the past 3 years to pick out a tree. All of the Douglas Firs were either brown, holey or too small. So, for Allie's first Christmas we will have a "pokey tree". I have to admit: it's a really full, pretty tree and I'm actually really excited about decorating it because I think it will be very pretty. I might even really like our tree. I'll see once it's in the stand in our house. ;) 
 Nick and our "pokey tree"

My sweet girl is in bed and so I am going to watch my Hubby bring it in, watch Christmas with The Kranks, decorate it and hopefully get in bed at a decent hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment