Friday, December 9, 2011

first Christmas present exchange

Today we went to Warner Robins for Allie's 8 month pictures. I am so thankful Anna has continued to take Allie's pictures even though she is VERY close to her due date. I can't wait to meet her sweet Mayci! Allie did so very well and smiled a lot. I can't wait to see them! Anna always does such a great job! It was a little chilly this morning so I was nervous about shooting outside, but it warmed up and with the props Anna bought I know they are gonna be adorable!
Tonight we went over to one of my best friends house to celebrate Christmas. I have been friends with Toni and Jeremy for 10 years. Nick and I don't get to spend as much time with them as we would like, but any time with them is always fun. We laugh and laugh and always end up staying at their house way too late.. like 2am! And although this year was a little different (we left at 7:30!) we still had an amazing time. We ate chili and ice cream for dessert. The kids exchanged presents and watching Landon and Aubrie as they watched Allie open her gifts was the most precious thing. They were so excited to see her open her gift and so eager to show her what they had gotten her. Also seeing the looks on their faces as they opened their gifts from us was so sweet. Aubrie got a Hello Kitty scrapbooking kit and gasped, oohed and aahed as she took out each piece and said over and over, "I'm so excited!". She began scrapping immediately and turned and looked at me and said, "Do you know what I'm gonna write about first? Today!" with the most precious expression on her face she asked how to spell my name. I just adore those kids! We need to get together with them way more often than we do. Maybe that will be my new years resolution this year- making time and setting aside time each month for my friends. I have some of the best and I'd like to do a better job at getting together with them. I never make new years resolutions, but I think that's a pretty good one! So Rhiannon, Janna, Toni, Elizabeth and Courtney I plan to see (and or chat Elizabeth) a lot more of you in 2012! :)
All in all it was a long, but very fun day. I am really looking forward to tomorrow. We are heading to Canton to help celebrate my sweet friend Courtney's little boys very first birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment