Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My second post

I began a blog about a year ago. My sweet Hubby set me up with my own website, but it was difficult to navigate through and I became frustrated. I wanted to customize it and add pictures and make it "pretty". Clearly I'm a girl, without it being pretty, I didn't want it! So here goes round two. This blog is really for me and my family to record things that happen in our lives and so I can remember them. :) 
Our sweet little girl is growing up so fast. She will be 8 months on the 12th. I am loving each new stage as she enters it. She is changing so fast and learning at a rapid pace. Within a short span of two weeks she has mastered crawling and is pulling up on any and everything she can. Her car seat, jumparoo, standing table and our rocking chair are her tools as she perfects this skill. I just love watching her explore her world and learn new things daily. 


We are slowly, but surely getting ready for Christmas. I always go shopping the day after Thanksgiving with my mom and this year was no different, except this year I left a baby at home. She stayed with Nick, but it was my first time away from her. We both did great. I was on a mission for Christmas presents and got 90% of it done that day! Gosh is it hard to decorate with a baby in the house! I never thought it would be this hard. Each night Nick and I are attacking one room, cleaning it and then decorating. We should be done by the end of the week. I normally have a completely decorated house by this point. But I love spending time with my sweet girl, so I just can't do it during the day. So far we have the kitchen, our room, and both bathrooms decorated. Tonight we will tackle the living room and dining room. 

 The Christmas tree in our bedroom has all of mine and Nick's ornaments on it. (Our 1st Christmas, Our 1st house, etc.) I just love it!
 
We have a big day tomorrow. We are taking Allie to ride the pink pig, see Santa and getting our Christmas tree! We are also eating lunch with one of my best friends Janna. She is Allie's godmother and I just adore her. I predict Allie will be ok with Santa holding her because Freddie Falcon held her at Publix last month and she didn't care at all! But I guess we will see!

1 comment: