Monday, December 26, 2011

a new playroom

Allie got so many toys for Christmas that our living room was busting at the seams! I told Nick we should just convert the dining room (which looks very pretty, but unfortunately rarely gets used) into a playroom for her. So when she went down for a nap Nick and I got to work. We were able to vacuum, organize and get everything ready before she woke up. She was so excited when she peeked around the corner and saw Nick and all her toys!

 so excited!




 my big girl walking into her new playroom

 so sweet!



We spent the whole day in the playroom. The Santa Clause 3 was on tv, but we didn't watch any of it. We had so much fun just playing with our sweet girl and watching her explore her new space. When she first sat down she stayed right in front of her new kitchen and just chewed on the bowl. It wasn't until she had been there for 30 minutes did she begin to explore. She had such a good time, so good she didn't want to nap! After fighting for about 10 minutes I gave up and brought her back and let her play and she was SO happy. Nick and I just soaked up our little girl today and forgot about cleaning, putting Christmas presents away, and didn't let anything distract us from our sweet one. 


 this little girl has my heart



love him

I know a lot of people shop the day after Christmas, Nick and I used to, but today I wouldn't have chosen to be anywhere else. I loved spending the day with my loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment