Tuesday, December 20, 2011

36 weeks

Today my sweet baby girl is 36 weeks old. We are less than a week away from celebrating her first Christmas. I can't believe how fast the time is going. I am so very grateful that I get to stay at home with her and experience everything that she learns and does for the first time. She is growing and changing so fast. It took her less than two weeks to master crawling and less than a week to figure out how to pull up on things. She now stands in her crib and talks when she is awake, like she's been doing it forever! 

She looks so cute standing there waiting for me to get her!

My dad called me this morning and told me that my mom was in an accident. Praise the Lord she is ok and wasn't injured. She is a little sore, but I am just so very thankful she wasn't hurt. People are in too much of a hurry this time of year. I asked Nick today if Christmas came on the same day every year and if everyone knew that. He said not everyone shops the day after Thanksgiving like we do. I understand that, but I just wish people were more polite and cautious this time of year.
Today I went and saw Chelsea to get my hair cut. I haven't had my hair cut in about 5 months, so it was well overdue. I just love Chelsea and enjoy chatting with her. She curled my hair, which Nick loves. After that we came home and I baked dog cakes while Allie took a nap. I am making cakes this year for all the dogs in our life. I usually make cookies, but the cake looks like a wreath, so I thought it'd be cute. And our dogs approved of it when I made it for Bella's birthday in October, so I am sure the others will love it! Poor baby's gums are still bothering her and she has been needing me more than usual. I have to say I love it. I love to cuddle her, hold her and know I can make her stop crying just by being there for her. Yesterday for her 3rd nap she would only sleep in my arms. I just ate it up!

I haven't had a picture like this in so long!

She is all snuggled in for the night, so Nick and I are cleaning and watching Teen Mom 2.. one of my guilty pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment