Thursday, December 22, 2011

30 minute snickerdoodles

Today has been a rather long day. My sweet baby girl's gums are bothering her so bad. She slept for a total of about an hour and a half today. She was happy when she was awake, when her gums weren't hurting her. She looked so cute today in the dress my Nanny and Paw Paw gave her! We didn't go anywhere today, but she has so many cute Christmas outfits she has to wear before Christmas day!


She is so cute! She pulls up on any and everything, especially her activity table and walking toy. But she will pull up on you if you are close enough to her. I know she wants to walk so bad she can't stand it, and she will move her feet while holding your hand to get where she wants to go!


Nick ran to get us lunch and then to the store. Allie and I played with her toys, but her favorite thing to do is to call Daddy. She just stares at the phone and will squeal. She loves to hold it and hear him talk to her. I just love how much she loves him!


 she is also a pro at hanging up on Daddy!

She is completely a Mommy's girl. Don't get me wrong she loves her Daddy to pieces, but when it comes to sleeping she needs her Mommy. She went as far as to push Daddy's arm away and reach for me tonight when he was holding her. 
After laying her down at 7:00 she woke up every 15-30 minutes. I baked cookies in between running to her room to bounce her back to sleep. Nick made us sausage biscuits for supper, so while I ate he took over going into her room. When she would make a sound he would go in there and she would scream till he left! She was looking for me and was highly disappointed when it wasn't me that walked in the door. He even said she would look and see it was him then crawl to the other corner of her crib as fast as she could! Once 11:00 came and she was still awake we decided we would try taking a drive. We drove down 75, which typically puts her to sleep. Tonight she squealed happily and talked the whole way! When we got off Nick asked if we should just go home and let her play. I asked him if my grandparents road was close (it's a very poorly paved road & it never fails Allie falls asleep every time we drive down it). He said it was and the minute we turned onto it she fell asleep. 

 success!

We drove the long (and kind of scary!) way home and let her get good and asleep only to wake up the minute we walked in the door. I fed her and she fell right back to sleep!! Yay! Here's to hoping she sleeps well tonight.
Tonight I made chocolate chip and snickerdoodle cookies. So tomorrow I will bake the peanut butter cookies, make candy cane bark and chocolate covered pretzels! So excited, only 2 days till Christmas! Hoping for a good night's sleep. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment