Monday, December 12, 2011

8 months

Allianna you are 8 months old today! I can't believe 8 short months ago I was holding you and kissing your sweet cheeks for the very first time. You have grown and changed so much since that day. I absolutely love watching you learn and explore new things. The sweet expression on your face is the best! So here is what you are up to this month:
You wear a size three diaper and are wearing 12 month jeans! You can fit in 9 month jeans, but can't sit down! I just love those chubby thighs. :) You wear mostly 9 month clothes and can still fit in some 6 months.


You are eating baby food now and like any and everything you try. Apple Butternut Squash is one of your favorites, along with Pears, but your absolute favorite is still rice cereal. You have cereal in the morning and at night and eat food for lunch.


You have discovered that we eat food too and will watch us take the food from our plate or bowl to our mouth and you want to see the food that we are eating. I know you will be so excited to eat table food!

You love to watch me brush my hair. I am not sure what it is, but the minute I get out my brush you can't take your eyes off of me. :) You also love for Daddy to hold you while he shaves. You will even grab the razor and help him!



You are sleeping in your crib at night and for naps and you are doing so well! Thanks to some advice from some of my friends who are also mothers you are now napping well during the day. You take  2-3 hour long naps a day. As long as your Rainmate has water and Casting Crowns is playing on your iPod you are good to go!
Taking your daily picture is getting interesting. You are crawling all over the place. And you are fast! I love watching you crawl. You found your way into the kitchen today and hearing your sweet, chubby hands pat the floor was so incredibly sweet! You are also pulling up on everything, the chair, coffee table, your standing table, toy bucket, well you get the idea. :)


You love to ride in the car. You take the best naps there. You have to have a blanket and Marina to hold. When you get upset or are trying to fight falling asleep you like for me to sing to you. You like any song with Jesus' name in it. It melts my heart that you are soothed by my voice because I always said when I had kids I would sing them to sleep. And you love it when I do. 

You are loving practicing opening Christmas presents! You completely unwrapped one of Daddy's. You love to rip the paper and then tear the pieces up into smaller pieces. :) I can't wait to see you on Christmas morning!


One of your most favorite times of the day is bath time. You are too big for your whale tub now, so we ordered you a bath seat. It wouldn't suction to the bottom of the tub, so we sent it back. Now Daddy just puts on his bathing suit and gets in the tub with you. You love it! Your favorite tub toys are the wash cloth, your rubber ducky and your starfish that sprays water. You are so sweet and happy when you are in the tub. It is one of my favorite times of the day too! 



You are cutting some teeth this month. I am hoping that they come through soon because your gums have been hurting so bad and it hurts me to see you in pain. Teething tablets seem to soothe them along with the clove oil, which you hate! I am interested to see what teeth you cut next!
You are wearing your bow in your hair now instead of on a headband. You have so much hair since none of yours fell out. I love it! Your hair has gradually lightened as you have gotten bigger. Daddy and I think that you will be blonde come summer! 


You love to read. You will sit in mine or Daddy's lap, look at the pictures and even turn the pages. We are amazed daily at how attentive you are to your surroundings. You learn something new every day it seems. I think you will walk soon. You stand any chance you get and will move your feet to get to where you want to go. I think that you will be walking along the furniture sometime very soon. 
You love the dogs. You think that they are so funny. All they have to do is run through the room, scratch or look at you and you lose it. They all love you and are so good with you. You sweetly grab their paws, pet them and occasionally fall on them and they just look at you. I am so thankful y'all get along!



I can't wait to see what adventures and accomplishments this next month holds. I love you so much puddin' pop! 
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment