Thursday, August 16, 2012

lazy day

It's been a while, no scratch that, it's been way too long since I just blogged. So much has been happening lately, and although I have been taking pictures I have been sad that I haven't taken the time to blog about it. So I am hoping to sit down at least every other night and write about the things that my sweet girl is doing.


Today was a typical lazy day at our house. I finished up some laundry and Allie played, but to get to our lazy day I need to explain our not so lazy night. Allie had a good day yesterday (I say that like she has bad days, which she doesn't) and went to bed around 8. However we took a walk after supper, before bath time. This is not something we typically do, but the weather was so nice we wanted to take advantage of it. I think this was our mistake. As my Hubby pointed out over lunch today, Allie is used to taking a walk in the mornings, so when we laid her down we think she took it as it was nap time. She slept until midnight and woke up only to not want to go back to sleep! She was wide awake. Nick is the best, I mean the BEST Hubby in the whole world. He stayed up with her so I could sleep. He brought her into the bedroom at 3 to nurse and then took her to try and rock her. He said when he brought her to me she was laughing! He then rocked her until she finally fell asleep for the "night" at 5. She woke up at 7:45! She was such a sweetheart today (as always), but wasn't whiny or anything. I was shocked. She napped really well though. So here's to hoping for a good night's sleep!


I made her Earth's Best waffles and put some Cheerios on her tray along with her milk for breakfast. I sat in front of her, like I always do and was eating my sugar free oat bran pumpkin muffins. My adorable little girl abandoned her breakfast and reached and whined looking at mine and looking at me like, "I want some!" That little stinker ate one of my muffins! The whole muffin! I need to make her some with her organic yogurt and regular sugar. 


Allie had so many firsts today. She was in her playroom and playing with her blocks. I have been stacking all four of them for a while and she would knock them down, but today she pulled them out of her bin and stacked them, one on top of the other, all by herself! She looked at us like we were crazy for clapping and getting so excited, but I was so excited for her. 



For supper I made Christen's sloppy joes minus the bun. Since we are on the Dukan diet and can't have bread, but the meat itself was good and a nice change. Allie had it for the first time and liked it. She also attempted to scoop the food with a spoon. She gets the concept of stabbing things with a fork and I know it will just take time, but it was cute watching her try to stab things with the spoon. 



After she ate supper I let her try the Nutella pops we made the other day. She loved it! She was so funny, I kept trying to let her hold it and all she would do was stick her finger into it. She would not grab it at all. 





We had a nice, relaxing day and I felt as though I got a lot accomplished and we are ready for the weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any posts in awhile. Didn't know you had blogged. Allie will treasure this! Thank you for sharing so we can enjoy the little things in her life and your thoughts on so much!

    ReplyDelete