Monday, December 31, 2012

20 months

Allie, you are 20 months! I cannot believe how fast this second year is flying by! I am loving everything about this wonderful stage you are in.. that is except for the tantrums. Although I am thankful that they are getting fewer and farther between. At least now they are. But I love that I can comfort you out of your inability to communicate, which I know is why you have the tantrums. I know that must be so very frustrating to not be able to verbalize how you are feeling, but I know that will change soon! You are picking up so much and are saying more and more words.
So Thursday, December 12 we were so excited. You, Daddy and I got up early, got dressed in coordinating outfits and were ready to leave. See daddy and I had a great day planned to celebrate your 20 month birthday. We were going to Lenox Mall to see Santa and ride The Pink Pig. As I was packing your diaper bag and Daddy was getting you in the car G-Da called me. He asked what we were doing and I told him. He said that Nanny and Paw Paw were in a car accident and it was bad. He told us to go ahead and go to the mall, but just to keep in contact with him throughout the day. I was scared and worried, but we got in the car and backed out of the garage. Then Grammie texted me and asked me if we were on the road yet. Instead of texting her back I just called her. I told her we were backing out of the driveway and were on our way to Lenox. She told me the accident was really bad. She said Nanny was really hurt, but that she was going to be okay. She then told me that they didn't know about Paw Paw and that everyone was headed to the hospital. I got off the phone and bursted into tears and told Daddy we had to go to the hospital in Columbus.
Two hours later we arrived at the hospital. We walked into the ER. Many of our family members were already there and you could tell they had been crying. We walked in with Mommy's cousin Ryan. G-Da pulled me aside and told me that my Paw Paw didn't make it. I fell apart. Here is the link to the article that tells about the accident.
http://lagrangenews.com/view/full_story/21118242/article-Roanoke-Road--Vernon-wreck-leaves-1-dead--3-injured?instance=search_results

I know that this isn't the typical entry about everything you are doing this month, but I wanted you to know what did happen on the day you turned 20 months. I love you Allianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment